FIND OUT MORE
FIND OUT MORE
Holiday Cottage Near Loch Lomond
This charming and cosy self-catering holiday cottage near Loch Lomond promises an ideal location for exploring the heart of Scotland.
Situated on the edge of the stunning Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park, in the heart of Scotland, Ballat Smithy Cottage is the perfect choice for families and friends. Discover outstanding scenery, outdoor activities, historic places, and interesting attractions. All on one level, this self-catering holiday cottage is ideally located in the centre of Scotland, half an hour’s drive from Stirling and Glasgow, and an hour from Edinburgh and Perth. Much of Argyll, Perthshire, Ayrshire and South East Scotland can be reached in an easy day trip. Or stay closer to home with a wealth of scenic drives, walks, activities and attractions nearby.
Self-catering holidays in Scotland
Ballat Smithy Cottage is a self-catering holiday cottage near Loch Lomond. It sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms. From the moment you arrive you can begin to enjoy Scotland’s wealth of local produce, with our very popular welcome pack of provisions: homemade bread and raspberry jam, local butter, milk and free-range eggs, Scottish cheddar cheese and bacon, and Isle of Benbecula oatcakes. So even if you arrive late, there will be something to snack on!
After a tiring journey or a busy day, you can look forward to the best night’s sleep. Wool filled duvets and luxury pure cotton bed linen guarantee you’ll be comfortable. Two double rooms, or one double and one twin room are available.
Activities and attractions
You’ll find plenty of places to visit and activities to enjoy nearby. Golfing, fishing, horse riding, cycling and hill walking are all popular here. Take a look at our things to do page for some more ideas!
What’s included in your stay?
Catering for all your needs
Your stay at Ballat Smithy Cottage includes all bedding, towels, heating and electricity. A cot can also be provided, and children are very welcome. For rainy days, there is a Smart TV with Freesat and DVD player, as well as ultrafast FTTP broadband WiFi. Private parking outside the cottage is included, and there is a garden with a sheltered patio.
Owner on site
Anne, the owner, lives next door so any problems can be quickly dealt with, and she is happy to provide information about places to go and things to do nearby.
No smoking, no pets
Ballat Smithy Cottage is a no-smoking cottage, and we do not accept pets. Should you have any questions before your stay, please get in touch.
Our Holiday Cottage Facilities
- All on one level: one step up into the cottage and one step up into the bathroom.
- Open plan kitchen/sitting room/dining area.
- Two bedrooms, 2 double or 1 double & 1 twin as required; one bedroom has a wash hand basin.
- Bathroom with electric shower over the bath.
- Luxury quality pure cotton bed linen, thick white towels, toiletries & hairdryer included.
- Cot and high chair available on request.
- Smart TV with Freesat, DVD player.
- DVDs, books, and board games.
- Electric cooking, heating & hot water included in the price.
- Microwave, fridge with freezer compartment, washing machine, outdoor washing line, tumble dryer, iron & ironing board. Space available in our own freezer for large items.
- Extra drying available for outdoor clothes.
- Kitchen fully stocked with tea, coffee, sugar, etc. plus washing up and laundry liquid.
- Welcome pack of Scottish, local & homemade provisions.
- Secure storage for bikes or sports equipment.
- E-bike charging in the bike store.
- Washing facilities for bikes and muddy boots.
- Private parking and garden.
- Smoking and pet free.
Rates include everything! There are no hidden extras except a small charge for use of the tumble dryer or for charging an electric car.Book Now
About Ballat Smithy Cottage
Our Historic Building is Over 200 Years Old
This charming holiday cottage near Loch Lomond was created within the workshops of the late 18th Century Ballat Smithy. The building’s thick stone walls and sheeps’ wool insulation make sure the cottage is warm in winter and cool in summer.
These same thick walls create a peaceful stillness inside which envelopes you the minute you close the door. One guest commented: “The cottage puts its arms around you as soon as you walk in.” The Currie family came here in 1988. They have enjoyed welcoming guests from all over the world since 2004, and many have returned year after year to enjoy the perfect self-catering Loch Lomond holiday!
The perfect Scottish location for self-catering Loch Lomond holidays to remember for years to come.
Watch Our Video Below
And See Inside Ballat Smithy Cottage
Watch our video below and see our gorgeous cottage for yourself. Plus, get a taster of some of the wonderful attractions and activities nearby, including Loch Lomond. We are sure you will love all we have to offer so book today and enjoy a relaxing stay with us here at Ballat Smithy Cottage.Book Now
Explore more below…
‘We have just returned from a 7 night stay at the cottage and can honestly say that it was fabulous. Central location for exploring some beautiful places. A hospitable host who had included everything from toiletries to a lovely welcome pack. Nothing left out. The perfect place for a break in absolutely beautiful surroundings. Thanks so much.’
– Ballat Smithy Cottage Tripadvisor Review